10 Trends to Watch This Fall
With NYFW here, get ready to see these ten trends on every street style blog. Autumn has always meant sweaters, denim jackets, boots and the color of the falling leaves. This fall is all about warm neutral tones, asymmetrical garments, satin, dark florals and midi-length clothing. I know a lot of us college students have just spent more money on our textbooks than we usually spend on clothing soooo... I've included ten more items at the bottom that are similar to the ones above, all under $100!
1. Ribbed turtlenecks put a fun spin on the classic turtleneck. The Ellery turtleneck does especially that, with a sheer finish and ribbed with gold stripes.
2. Satin has a certain shine to it, bringing light to any outfit. Pair a satin midi skirt with a chunky sweater to pull off a comfy-casual look that's perfectly weather appropriate.
3. Asymmetrical garments are super cool, to put it bluntly. They are out of the ordinary and come in so many different types of clothing. Add one asymmetrical garment to your outfit to give it a unique twist.
4. Midi dresses (and skirts) are one of the easiest to throw on. No more worrying about your dress riding up as you walk! Midi length dresses and skirts fall between the calf and the ankle.
5. Trench coats have a simple silhouette and can be worn opened or closed (tied or untied). Find a trench coat made with an interesting fabric or go simple with a solid color. They go with almost anything.
6. Dark florals are the definition of transition pieces. Yes, florals are typically reserved for spring but dark florals are perfect for transitioning from bright colors to dark colors.
7. Oversized sweaters are hands down the most comfortable kind of sweaters. You can dress them up or dress them down and still look good! More specifically for this fall, warm neutral sweaters.
8. Denim jackets are a classic. Dark wash denim jackets can be found almost everywhere, and in many different styles. Find the embellishment that speaks to you and make it yours.
9. White ankle boots give a good contrast against all the darker colored clothing. Wear a small heeled ankle boot or a flat one if that's more comfortable for you. Just make sure not to get them dirty!
10. The mini bucket bag is the cutest! Bucket bags have been everywhere recently, but not like this. It's the perfect size for all the things you really need.
Fall Trends Under $100